Here at Discount Wholesale, there’s one guiding principle in everything we do: the idea that the customer is King. We know that without our customers (old and new) we wouldn’t have a business, let alone one as successful as DW! So our customer base is always at the forefront of our minds, and no decision is taken without asking the key question: how will this affect our consumers?
This might be why our customers tend to return to us time and time again, a fact we’re very proud of. As part of our 5th birthday celebrations, we’ve reached out to some of the customers who’ve been with us since the very beginning. They’ve watched DW grow from a little acorn to the mighty oak that it is today, and we wanted to ask them why! We had loads of responses, and we just couldn’t feature them all, so we’ve chosen 5 which we thought were typical of our customer base and asked each one the same 5 questions (can you spot a theme here, dear reader?).
So without further ado, I’ll let our customers speak for themselves! Please note, all responses have been kept anonymous.
George B., Barnsley:
- What first drew you to Discount Wholesale? The large range of products available all year round.
- What ranges of products do you buy? I usually just purchase your garden ranges but recently have been branching out in to seasonal products also.
- How has your experience been so far? Any highlights? It has been great, the ease of checkout makes ordering particularly easy.
- How do you use our products? I sell all products bought within my micro garden centre based in South Yorkshire.
- Would you recommend Discount Wholesale to others? Yes – the speed of ordering and checkout on the website is unmatched by any other.
Karl F., Hull:
- What first drew you to Discount Wholesale? The vast range of products which were available and the small carton quantities. We don’t have much storage so the smaller carton quantities enable us to buy a variety of product without losing out on storage space.
- What ranges of products do you buy? As a convenience store, we buy a vast range of products such as cleaning, homeware and pound lines. We also buy to help our business too so we order cleaning and toiletry products for the shop itself.
- How has your experience been so far? Any highlights? We’ve been with Discount Wholesale for 5 years and I wouldn’t change my supplier anytime soon. My highlight has been the help from the customer service team.
- How do you use our products? To sell and for business use as previously mentioned.
- Would you recommend Discount Wholesale to others? I would, yes. There is such a varied range of products at good prices and a very helpful and polite customer service team to hand should you need any assistance.
Jerome H., Surrey:
- What first drew you to Discount Wholesale? I heard about Discount Wholesale through an online wholesale forum and when I found their website I was immediately attracted to the competitive prices and their wide range of products.
- What ranges of products do you buy? I own a small pound shop so I purchase anything and everything. Discount Wholesale seem to stock the widest selection out of all the online wholesale suppliers so I don’t have to waste time visiting multiple websites to buy stock. I can get everything I need from one place which means one checkout and one delivery.
- How has your experience been so far? Any highlights? I have no complaints really, there was one instance where I was missing a few items from my delivery but upon contacting customer service I was given the choice to have the remaining stock sent out to me or to receive a refund on the missing items. To be honest, they couldn’t have been more helpful and I just decided to have a refund and re-order the missing items on my next large order.
- How do you use our products? I own a shop so I re-sell everything I buy from Discount Wholesale. Obviously some items sell faster than others but so far I haven’t really been stuck with a non-seller. Discount Wholesale have a lot of retail experience so they only sell popular fast moving lines.
- Would you recommend Discount Wholesale to others? Without a doubt. I have had really bad experiences with other suppliers in the past and have lost money but Discount Wholesale have always provided a fast, reliable service that I simply can’t fault.
Nick J., Liverpool:
- What first drew you to Discount Wholesale? I was trading with Discount Wholesale for years before they launched the website, but even then there was always excellent value in their products and the range is extensive.
- What ranges of products do you buy? Pound Lines, Seasonal, Leisure, DIY, Stationery & Pet.
- How has your experience been so far? Any highlights? Lisa in the office is always on hand to help, she always gone the extra mile to sort any problems out. Deliveries can be liaised directly with A Davies Transport which is a big bonus as they are very flexible with our requests.
- How do you use our products? We resale directly to the public and traders, the products are very popular because they are great value for money.
- Would you recommend Discount Wholesale to others? Absolutely.
Emma L., Stockport:
- What first drew you to Discount Wholesale? There were two things that attracted me, really: range and price. The products, I thought, were good – very strong – and at the price they were being offered I was as sure as I could be that I was going to be able to make a profit. It’s always a bit of a gamble taking on a new supplier like, but it was the range and the price. I thought I couldn’t really go wrong.
- What ranges of products do you buy? I’m an eBay seller, and I do tend to buy a little bit of anything and everything! Having said that, I do find that over time it’s things like the licensed goods that do well, things like the Frozen and the Minions, when they were all the rage. The kids couldn’t get enough of them and when the mums couldn’t find them in the shops where do they look? Ebay. Homewares as well, I would say, for me a big one. They look more expensive than what they are, so it creates a lot of value for me.
- How has your experience been so far? Any highlights? It’s been great, to be honest with you. I won’t pretend it’s been perfect-perfect, because it’s life, isn’t it? Sh*t happens, as they say! But what I’ve found, something that does set them apart, is that when the proverbial has hit the fan, they’ve been able to sort it for me quickly and deal with any issues. They’re a nice team, they’ve worked hard for me, I’ve been with them for the full five years and I’m not looking to change that, put it that way!
- How do you use our products? Like I say, I’m an eBay seller, so the products I buy are for me to sell on. The stock comes in, I chuck it on eBay. The good thing for me is that the carton quantities are manageable. Not such an issue now, but there was a time when I was literally storing everything in the cellar, so it was useful for me to be able to order those small quantities so I got a range of different products.
But yeah, selling on, that’s what I do. Having said that, I remember when there was all that Frozen craze, I did hold a couple of things back for my daughters! So I have used the products that way, too.
- Would you recommend Discount Wholesale to others? Yep, absolutely. If you are an online seller – so eBay, Amazon – I would definitely recommend. Can’t speak for anyone else like, but from my personal experience I would say definitely recommend.
So there you have it – our customers, in their own words! We’ve been so overwhelmed by all the amazing responses we had through, and were genuinely touched by some of the comments from our oldest customers. Huge thanks to everyone who replied. Here’s to the next five years!